Bouncer Assault Compensation in Toronto


Bouncer Assault Compensation in Toronto

When you go out for a night on the town, the last thing you expect is to be assaulted by a bouncer. They may have every excuse for why they put their hands on you, but the laws are clear. If a bouncer assaults you in Toronto, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

Continue reading to learn more about what the law says about nightclub bouncers and assault, and the steps you can take to file a personal injury lawsuit.

Laws Surrounding Bouncer Assault

The Occupiers’ Liability Act requires that owners of nightclubs, bars, and other venues keep their patrons reasonably safe. This is why many of these establishments hire bouncers to protect other guests from unruly patrons.

However, the law does not give bouncers the right to use excessive force when handling patrons they believe to be a problem. Some bouncers even go so far as to use their power to sexually assault guests. If you have been assaulted or sexually assaulted by a bouncer, you may have a viable lawsuit.

How to Sue for Bouncer Assault in Toronto

If you believe you may have the right to file a bouncer assault claim, you should contact an attorney and begin to gather any evidence you might have from the event in question. The clothes you were wearing, any photographs or videos, documentation of your injuries, medical records, and other evidence can help support your case.

From there, your lawyer will determine who should be held accountable, whether the owner of the club or venue, the organizer of the event, the security guard or bouncer, or other liable third party. The at-fault party will then be named in your lawsuit seeking full compensation for your suffering.

Reach Out to a Toronto Bouncer Assault Lawyer

To learn more about what legal options may be available to you after suffering a serious injury due to a bouncer assault, get in touch with an experienced Toronto bouncer assault lawyer at Jasmine Daya & Co. You can schedule a free, no-obligation consultation by giving our office a call at 416-967-9100 or completing the brief contact form on this page.